June is Pride Month! West Elm will celebrate by reprising its annual “We Welcome All” campaign throughout June, but this year there’s a sweet twist. Nothing brings communities together in the summer like a bowl of delicious ice cream, which is why West Elm partnered with the iconic Vermont-based ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s to collaborate on a special line of eco-friendly ice cream bowls to benefit The Human Rights Campaign (HRC).
Since 2017, West Elm has supported Pride Month and The Human Rights Campaign with its “We Welcome All” campaign celebrating inclusion, equality, and diversity across the company. Over the past two years, Williams-Sonoma Inc. has donated more than $1.4 million to HRC through product collaborations and initiatives. This is the first time West Elm has launched a Pride month product collaboration with the Ben & Jerry’s Glass Ice Cream Bowls. For every Ice Cream Bowl purchased, West Elm and Ben & Jerry's will donate 50% of the purchase price to HRC.
On June 13th, West Elm and Ben & Jerry’s welcome all to celebrate equality + community with Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Socials in all stores* at 5:00 p.m. local time. Enjoy a complimentary ice cream scoop and learn more about the important work of the Human Rights Campaign - America's largest civil rights organization - and how to get involved in Pride Month activities. Even sweeter news, Ben & Jerry's scoop shops will pop-up in select markets**, bringing back their custom flavor for marriage equality, "I Dough, I Dough".
As part of its “We Welcome All” marketing campaign, West Elm will share content throughout the month featuring unique passions + personalities to foster a diverse community:
- Check out the Haute Seat Video Series on the Front + Main Blog featuring exclusive interviews of members of the LGBTQ+ community with host Sean Santiago, Art Director at Out Magazine
- Tune in to @WestElm social channels to see what makes West Elm associates proud
- Get inspired by Design Crew projects on the Front + Main blog featuring LGBTQ content creators @Yummertime and @Mr.Benfield
- View West Elm's comprehensive Pride Month celebrations on the We Welcome All landing page.
* All stores including Canada and Puerto Rico, excluding outlets.
** NYC (Chelsea), Seattle, Orlando, Portland (OR), and Cleveland
Hannah Wickberg, West Elm