West Elm announced today that it will open a new downtown Los Angeles location at 928 S. Broadway Street on Thursday, September 20 at 10 A.M. The 11,221 sq. ft. store is located on the ground floor of the Broadway Palace Apartments building and marks West Elm’s fourth location in the Los Angeles metro area. With a commitment to supporting emerging creatives, West Elm Downtown LA will sell products created by 22 California-based makers and offer pop-ups and workshops hosted by local artists and businesses. West Elm Downtown LA will also offer Williams-Sonoma, Inc.’s cross-brand design consultation program Design Crew, which pairs customers with experts who can provide design, installation and registry services.
“Our Los Angeles LOCAL program is among our largest and most successful roster of local artists and designers, offering a wide selection of handcrafted art, furniture and accessories,” said West Elm President Alex Bellos. “Our new Downtown LA store brings us to the heart of the city’s creative community where we will continue to cultivate relationships with talented artists and invest in their development with programs such as our artist residency at West Elm Santa Monica, and the ‘Best of LOCAL’ program on westelm.com.”
A selection of locally made products by California-based makers and artisans will be showcased as part of the West Elm Downtown LA LOCAL assortment. Among the 22 artists featured in the store are:
- Dandelion Paper Co.: Artistic prints inspired by California’s flora and fauna made in Elverta
- Dear Doggy: Dapper pet leashes and feeders made in Los Angeles
- Eric Trine: Colorful, handmade geometric planters and pedestals crafted from steel in Long Beach
- Janel Foo Glassworks: Stained glass decorative objects handmade in Los Angeles
- Masterson: Geometric wooden terrariums and planters handmade in Los Angeles
- MFEO: Los Angeles-based woodworkers making planters and wall shelves
- Miriam Dema: California-themed and vintage-inspired pennants and patches made in Los Angeles
- Myan Soffia: Los Angeles-based photographer capturing dreamy California-inspired prints featuring L.A.’s urban fabric
- Nickel Designs: Natural coir welcome mats hand-painted in Costa Mesa
- Rachel Brown Art: Watercolor artist based in Los Angeles painting southwestern skull portraits
West Elm Downtown LA invites the community to celebrate the new store opening by participating in its grand opening activities on Thursday, September 20, including:
- Sip on locally roasted organic coffee and espresso by Urban Espresso from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Grab a California inspired poké bowl for lunch, served by Sweetfin from 12 - 2 p.m.
- Join the new store team for a Grand Opening Community Party from 6 -
- Enjoy live music from a local DJ and refreshments, including FREE ice cream served by Cool Haus and cocktails provided by Urban Palate
- Shop for a good cause: A portion of the night’s proceeds will go to Inner City Arts, a local nonprofit dedicated to engaging young people in the creative process.
- RSVP to the celebration by visiting: www.westelmDTLA.splashthat.com
- Special edition West Elm Downtown LA tote bag: Beginning opening day, and while supplies last, the first 300 shoppers with a $50 minimum purchase will receive a special edition West Elm Downtown LA tote bag.
- Los Angeles residents are invited to enter the West Elm sweepstakes offering local customers a chance to win a $2,000 gift card. This sweepstakes is open only to residents that live within the Los Angeles, CA area. Official rules can be found on the Downtown LA Sweepstakes page.
For up-to-date information on in-store promotions and events, customers are encouraged to “like” the West Elm Downtown LA store on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/westelmdtla and follow the store on Instagram: @westelmdtla. West Elm Downtown LA is open Monday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., and Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The store’s address is 928 S. Broadway Street, Suite A, Los Angeles, CA 90015 and the phone number is (213) 683-4885. Applicants interested in joining the West Elm DTLA team may send an email to WestElmStores@wsgc.com.