West Elm announced that it will open its first Richmond, Virginia location at 3117 West Cary Street on Thursday, October 25 at 10 A.M. The 14,000 sq. ft. store is located in the heart of Carytown’s unique retail district. With a commitment to supporting emerging creatives, West Elm Richmond will sell products crafted by 8 Virginia-based makers and offer pop ups and workshops hosted by local artists and businesses. West Elm Richmond will also offer Williams-Sonoma, Inc.’s cross-brand design consultation program Design Crew, which pairs customers with experts who can provide design, installation and registry services.
“It is an honor to join the Cary Street
merchants and small businesses, and provide yet another compelling reason to
visit and shop Carytown,” said West Elm spokesperson Andres (Dru) Ortega. “Our
new store on West Cary Street will allows us to bridge the traditions
established by W. Hirsch Rugs with our commitments to building community and
supporting local artists. It’s truly a special location for our return to
A selection of locally made products by Virginia-based makers and artisans will be showcased as part of the West Elm Richmond LOCAL assortment. Richmond-based artists featured in the store include:
- Lydia Marek: Colorful abstract acrylic paintings featuring bold texture and designs
- Sunday Table Co.: Hand-drawn prints of Richmond’s distinct architectural elements
- The Minted Evergreen: Cozy, handcrafted macramé keychain accessories and ornaments
- Twittering Bird: Vibrant screen-printed designs featuring Richmond’s famous landmarks
- Morris + Norris: Linen towels and pins featuring icons of Virginia’s wildlife and architecture
- SAB Art Studio: Fluid abstract paintings inspired by the freedom of water
- The Wild Wander: Prints resembling antique maps and artistic natural history studies
- Tasha McKelvey: Eco-conscious ceramic ornaments made in Richmond
West Elm Richmond invites the community to celebrate the new store opening by participating in its grand opening activities including:
- Join the new store team for a Grand Opening Community Party on
Thursday, October 25 from 6 - 8 p.m.:
- Enjoy refreshments and live music from a local band, Erin & the Wildfire.
- Shop for a good cause: A portion of the night’s proceeds will go to Art180, a local nonprofit dedicated to giving young people living in challenging circumstances the chance to express themselves through art.
- RSVP to the celebration by visiting: www.westelmrichmond.splashthat.com
- Special edition West Elm Richmond tote bag: Beginning opening day, Thursday October 25, and while supplies last, the first 300 shoppers with a $50 minimum purchase will receive a special edition West Elm Richmond tote bag.
- Richmond residents are invited to enter the West Elm sweepstakes offering local customers a chance to win a $2,000 gift card. This sweepstakes is open only to residents that live within the Richmond, VA area. Official rules can be found on the Richmond Sweepstakes page.
For up-to-date information on in-store promotions and events, customers are encouraged to “like” the West Elm Richmond store on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/westelmrichmond and follow the store on Instagram: @westelmrichmond. West Elm Richmond is open Monday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., and Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The store’s address is 3117 W. Cary Street, Richmond, VA 23221 and the phone number is (804) 353-1394. Applicants interested in joining the West Elm Richmond team may send an email to WestElmStores@wsgc.com.
About West Elm
Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY since 2002, West Elm opened its first store in DUMBO, the neighborhood it still proudly calls home. With a mission of harnessing the power of design and human connection to enrich lives, everything West Elm does is designed to make an impact in everyday life, from creating unique, affordable designs for modern living and commitment to Fair Trade Certified, from LOCAL and handcrafted products to community-driven collaborations and events. The brand operates more than 100 retail stores as well as e-commerce websites in the United States, Australia, Canada and the UK, ships internationally to customers around the world, and has unaffiliated franchisees that operate stores in Mexico, Middle East, Philippines and South Korea. In addition to home furnishings retail, West Elm operates in the commercial furnishings industry and announced its expansion into the travel and hospitality industry with the launch of West Elm Hotels. West Elm publishes the blog Front+Main and is part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. West Elm is a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) portfolio of brands. West Elm is also part of The Key Rewards, a free-to-join loyalty program that offers members exclusive benefits across the Williams-Sonoma family of brands.
Contact for West Elm:
Andres (Dru) Ortegaaortega2@wsgc.com