West Elm, the global design and lifestyle company, has partnered with StreetEasy, New York City's leading real estate marketplace, to find the perfect home for the holidays. For the month of October, West Elm will invite customers to its first-ever holiday house, which brings its original, modern approach to entertaining, decorating and gifting to life through enriched experiences. The West Elm Holiday House with StreetEasy transforms a boutique condominium at the new Eighty East Tenth complex into the ultimate holiday sourcebook that is designed to help customers elevate their everyday when celebrating the holidays at home. Design Crew experts helped to get the 3,300 sq. ft., four bedroom, four bath condo holiday-ready by using West Elm’s new collection of furniture, decor and gifts. This is the first time the Brooklyn-based lifestyle brand will offer inspiration, tutorials and seasonal activations outside of its 100+ global retail stores.
“We designed this experience to go beyond the tools and inspiration we offer customers everyday through our catalogs, website, stores and social channels,” said Andres (Dru) Ortega, West Elm director of public relations and partnerships. “Together with our in-house team of experts and industry partners, we have created a living environment where digital content inspiration comes to life in the real world for our customers. It’s one more way for us to help customers confidently celebrate the holidays at home.”
Brand partners such as Sherwin-Williams, Leesa, Sonos, and Material Kitchen have come together under one roof to host a series of events, new product launches and programming at the West Elm Holiday House presented by StreetEasy, including:
- A three-part digital series will bring viewers along for the journey as StreetEasy helps West Elm navigate New York’s real estate market in search of the perfect home for the West Elm Holiday House. Viewers can tune in this month to Instagram.com/StreetEasy to watch each episode.
- Sherwin-Williams, the exclusive paint sponsor, celebrates wellness at home, cloaking the master bedroom in the Sherwin-Williams 2020 Color of the Year, Naval SW 6244, and creating a meditation space within the room. Guests are invited to experience the calming nature of the Color of the Year and are encouraged to take a moment to ground themselves in the meditation space. Beyond the master suite, the entire home will be painted in a palette of Sherwin-Williams hues that demonstrate how color is connected to mental, physical and emotional well-being. In addition, Sherwin-Williams is hosting a Facebook Live panel on October 15 with Sue Wadden, director of color marketing at Sherwin-Williams, a representative from West Elm, and a surprise guest to speak about incorporating wellness through color and design in the home.
- Leesa Sleep will teach customers how to get the perfect night's sleep with the debut of its third mattress, the Leesa Legend. The Leesa Legend is a sustainable mattress, each using up to 73 recycled water bottles and is the first compressed dual hybrid pocket spring mattress that ships to a door in a box. The West Elm Holiday House will be the first place customers can try all three Leesa mattresses.
- Sonos joins the West Elm Holiday House presented by StreetEasy with a showcase of its all new portable, battery-powered Sonos Move. Stream tracks, podcasts, radio stations, and more over WiFi when at home celebrating, or from Bluetooth when on the road, bringing the Sonos experience wherever customers call home during the holidays.
- Material brings Chef Behzad Jamshidi of Moosh to teach customers how to create crave-worthy appetizers. After the food is prepped, guests will sit and enjoy the meal together while discussing tips and tricks for bringing new traditions to the holidays. Click here to RSVP.
The West Elm Holiday House presented by StreetEasy will be open to consumers, The Key reward members, top customers and influencers through the month of October. West Elm will help customers elevate their holidays with scheduled programming and experiences designed to inspire and teach. For the complete list of events visit events.westelm.com/holidayhouse to RSVP. Event highlights for the month include:
- Expert floral designers Popup Florist will help turn bodega bouquets into the perfect holiday centerpiece. Click here to RSVP.
- Join True Botanicals’ facial therapist, Noelle Simons, for an energizing and illuminating skincare and gua sha facial tutorial to give skin a party-ready glow for the holidays and beyond. Click here to RSVP.
October 24: Leesa Sleep hosts a special panel to discuss how to create the perfect sleep space- mind, body and bedroom. Click here to RSVP.
October 26 - October 27:
- Learn how to decorate seasonal cookies and win this year’s cookie exchange with help from Maman. Click here to RSVP.
- Taste and sample four different seasonal cocktails from Johnnie Walker with a progressive cocktail tasting as you tour the West Elm Holiday House. Click here to RSVP.
- Join StreetEasy and West Elm’s Design Crew experts for FREE 30-minute one-on-one consultations for creating a holiday floor plan, styling an apartment, or addressing small-space design dilemmas. Click here to RSVP.
Starting today, customers can participate in the West Elm Holiday House Challenges through the mobile game, Design Home, where users can live the life of an interior decorator to virtually design the West Elm Holiday House from anywhere in the world. The West Elm Holiday House Challenges are open October 1 - 8 to Design Home users in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom, bringing the West Elm Holiday House to customers everywhere.
The West Elm Holiday 2019 campaign helps customers celebrate at home this season by bringing together content and experiences across the brand’s print, digital and social channels. This month, West Elm taps cook, author and columnist Alison Roman for tips and recipes from her new book Nothing Fancy. A new video series on YouTube.com/WestElm will provide how-tos for styling a mantel, setting a table, prepping a guest room and more. For the full West Elm Holiday experience visit www.westelm.com/holiday and follow along on social media using hashtag #WestElmHolidayHouse.
About West Elm
Born in Brooklyn in 2002, West Elm is a global design company dedicated to transforming people’s lives and spaces through creativity, style, and purpose. We create original, modern, and affordable home decor, and curate a global selection of local, ethically sourced, and Fair Trade Certified products available online and in 100+ stores worldwide. We are a part of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) and participate in The Key Rewards, a free-to-join loyalty program that offers members exclusive benefits across the family of brands.
StreetEasy is New York City's leading local real estate marketplace on mobile and the web, providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the NYC metropolitan area. StreetEasy adds layers of proprietary data and useful search tools to help home shoppers and real estate professionals navigate the complex real estate markets within the five boroughs of New York City, as well as Northern New Jersey. Launched in 2006, StreetEasy is based in the Flatiron neighborhood of Manhattan. StreetEasy is owned and operated by Zillow Group (NASDAQ: Z and ZG). StreetEasy is a registered trademark of Zillow, Inc.