Actor and environmentalist Adrian Grenier purchased his Brooklyn brownstone four years ago with the goal to build a one-of-a-kind, fully eco-conscious smart home. The New York native was highly involved in the renovation and tapped Brooklyn-based retailer West Elm – an industry pioneer in consciously-made home products– to furnish the space with its original, responsibly-sourced designs. Debuting today on WestElm.com, Adrian shares a first look at the completed brownstone with an exclusive home tour of his main Parlor duplex in the three-unit, 4,300 square-foot property.
Outfitted in West Elm’s original, modern furnishings and décor, with interior design by Dream Awake, Adrian’s home is completely shoppable on WestElm.com/AdrianGrenier, inspiring customers to shop for high quality products that look good and make a positive impact on their homes and the environment, including:
- The West Elm Hayes 6-Light Chandelier manufactured with energy efficient LED lights to brighten up the living room
- The West Elm Paulo Bent Ply Leather Chair made with contract grade durability for style that lasts in the living room
- The West Elm Harmony Sofa assembled in the USA to bring everyday comfort to the living room
- The West Elm Tanner Solid Wood Dining Table produced with contract grade durability to stand the test of time in the dining room
- The West Elm Alden Bar and Counter Stools made with sustainably sourced mango wood to provide durable kitchen island seating
- The West Elm Anton Solid Wood nightstand that is Fair Trade Certified™ and made with sustainably sourced mango wood for the master bedroom
West Elm has been committed to responsible design and manufacturing since its founding in 2002. Today, 60% of West Elm’s offerings support one or more of its sustainability initiatives, from FSC-certified™ furniture and 100% Organic cotton bedding to handcrafted pieces supporting artisan communities and products made in Fair Trade Certified™ factories.
In anticipation of Earth Month in April, West Elm is proud to highlight a selection of the tangible environmental impact created as a result of these commitments, including:
- 40% of wood furniture offerings are FSC®-certified, helping support forests and ecosystems worldwide.
- 2.3B liters of water and 3M kwH of energy saved in 2019 by sourcing organic cotton for its bedding, bath and textiles
- 200+ farmers trained in more sustainable practices in 2019 through its partnership with the Better Cotton Initiative.
- 57M plastic bottles kept out of landfill through REPREVE® recycled polyester
To learn more about West Elm’s commitments, certifications and partners, visit westelm.com/commitments.