West Elm, the global design and lifestyle company with a commitment to conscientious design and sustainability, will open its first Alexandria location on Thursday, April 18 at 10 A.M. West Elm Alexandria will open its doors in the heart of the historic Old Town North neighborhood with regular events, pop-ups and workshops led by local small businesses that spur creativity and connect like-minded individuals. The new 12,000 sq. ft. location will showcase West Elm’s exclusive summer assortment alongside its collection of original, modern home decor and accessories. Customers will discover new inspiration with every visit and can connect with West Elm’s Design Crew experts for free design services either by an appointment made in store or by scheduling online at WestElm.com.
“Our new store in Alexandria will provide a home for the community to source inspiration, seek design advice, and connect with neighbors at local events,” said Andres (Dru) Ortega, director of public relations. “We have a team of passionate and friendly associates who are excited to introduce West Elm to Old Town North.”
Customers can also shop products made in Old Town as part of the West Elm Alexandria LOCAL assortment. In 2014, West Elm set out to empower local artists and makers with its LOCAL program by offering small businesses retail space to sell and market their specialty products. With the opening of West Elm Alexandria, the LOCAL network will continue to expand with the addition of five D.C.-area artists and makers including:
- Goodnight Darling: Naturally relaxing bath products crafted in D.C.
- Hedgehog Pottery: Handcrafted planters and ring dishes made with clay in Alexandria
- Marcella Kriebel: Foodie-themed watercolor illustrated prints made in Alexandria
- The Neighborgoods: Illustrated dish towels and greeting cards designed in D.C.
- Nourish & Refine: All-natural, self-care products handmade in small batches in Alexandria
Come meet the West Elm Alexandria team on Wednesday, April 17th, when neighbors, friends, and the community are invited to a Grand Opening Party from 6 - 8 p.m.:
- Enjoy special discounts, cocktails by Johnnie Walker*, and bites served up by local vendors including Nice Cream handcrafted ice cream and popcorn by Popped Republic
- Shop for a good cause! West Elm has partnered with its friends at Leesa Sleep to donate a portion of the night’s proceeds towards providing mattresses to the D.C. Dream Center in support of their mission to serve their community holistically, from mentoring and tutoring to legal assistance and personal development.
- Plus, Alexandria residents are invited to enter the West Elm sweepstakes* offering local customers a chance to win a $2,000 shopping spree.
- RSVP to the celebration by visiting: www.westelmalexandria.splashthat.com.
For up-to-date information on in-store promotions and events, follow West Elm Alexandria on Instagram (@westelmalexandria) and “like” the West Elm Alexandria store on Facebook. West Elm Alexandria is open Monday - Saturday, 10:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. The store’s address is 925 N. Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 and the phone number is (703) 838-2851. Applicants interested in joining the West Elm Alexandria team may send an email to WestElmStores@wsgc.com.
*Must be 21+ to participate
**Open only to residents that live within the Alexandria, VA area. Official rules of the sweepstakes can be found on the Alexandria Sweepstakes page.
Contact for West Elm: